Fed's George: Unemployment is not generating much price pressure at the moment Author: Adam Button | Category: Central Banks
Comments from George in Kansas City:
- Natural rate of US unemployment could be lower
These are preliminary comments. We will keep an eye out for anything market moving. George is a hawk so anything slightly dovish could have an effect.
- Will continue to see economic growth around trend
- Trade, tariffs and global growth are risks to US outlook
- She is prepared to adjust her view of appropriate monetary policy should downside risks materialize
- Uncertainty can cause business to pull back